The market for bulk bags in Europe is anticipated to reach US$ 1.6 billion by 2021 and to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% from 2020 to 2030. This growth is being driven by several factors, including the increasing demand for bulk packaging solutions in various industries such as construction, food and beverages, and pharmaceuticals. Bulk bags offer several advantages over other types of packaging, including cost-effectiveness, flexibility, and ease of handling.
In Germany, the pharmaceutical industry is a robust supporter of bulk bag sales, driven by the nation’s substantial contribution to global drug exports, accounting for nearly 15% in 2019. The demand for UN-certified and other bulk bags remains high due to the escalating export and advancements in drug manufacturing. Germany’s position as a key player in Europe, with around 14% market share in bulk bags consumption, is further bolstered by the need for sterilized storage prompted by increased pharmaceutical transportation capacity. The presence of renowned pharmaceutical companies like Novartis Pharma GmbH and Roche Pharma adds momentum to the growth of the bulk bags market in Germany.
For More Insights on this Market, Get A Sample Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-13034
In the U.K., the chemical industry, the second-largest manufacturing sector, presents a significant opportunity for bulk bags. With revenues of US$74.6 billion in 2019, the chemical industry is diverse, encompassing petrochemicals, agrochemicals, polymers, and more. The demand for bulk bags in the U.K. is anticipated to surge 1.4 times the current market value over the next decade, fueled by increasing production activities. Noteworthy companies such as Euroflex FIBC Limited and Sackmaker J&HM Dickson Ltd contribute to the overall expansion of the bulk bags market in the U.K.
In Russia, the thriving export activities at seaports are creating substantial opportunities for bulk bags manufacturers. The annual cargo handling increase of 3.0% in 2019, reaching 840.3 million tons, underscores the significant volume of trade. Russia’s considerable share in global coal exports further boosts the demand for bulk bags. Major international ports like The Port of St. Petersburg and The Port of Novorossiysk facilitate increased coastal trades, driving the growth of the bulk bags market in Russia.
- Increased Adoption of Circular Economy Practices: The Europe bulk bags market is witnessing a trend towards the adoption of circular economy practices, emphasizing recyclability and reusability of bulk bags. This aligns with the broader sustainability goals of the region.
- Rising Demand for FIBC in the Construction Sector: The European construction industry is increasingly utilizing Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers (FIBC) to transport construction materials, contributing to the growth of the bulk bag market.
- Advancements in Bag Design for Improved Safety: Ongoing trends in bag design focus on enhancing safety features, including the incorporation of antistatic properties and measures to prevent electrostatic discharge, ensuring the secure transportation of sensitive materials.
- Integration of RFID Technology: RFID technology is being integrated into bulk bags to enable efficient tracking and monitoring throughout the supply chain. This trend enhances visibility, reduces errors, and improves overall logistics management.
- Customization for Specific Industry Requirements: Bulk bag manufacturers in Europe are offering more customization options to meet specific industry needs. Tailored solutions, including variations in size, materials, and lifting options, are gaining popularity.
- Expanding Industrial and Manufacturing Activities: The growth of industrial and manufacturing sectors in Europe is a significant driver for the bulk bags market, as these sectors extensively use bulk bags for the transportation and storage of raw materials and finished goods.
- Emphasis on Sustainable Packaging Solutions: The increasing emphasis on sustainability across industries is driving the demand for eco-friendly packaging, and bulk bags are seen as a sustainable alternative. This eco-conscious approach contributes to market growth.
- Rise in Construction and Infrastructure Development: The booming construction and infrastructure development activities in Europe are fueling the demand for bulk bags, especially in the transportation of construction materials like sand, gravel, and cement.
- E-commerce Growth and Increased Online Sales: The growth of e-commerce and online sales is positively influencing the bulk bags market, as these bags are widely used for packaging and transporting bulk goods in the online retail sector.
- Stringent Regulations Driving Compliance: Stringent regulations related to workplace safety and the transportation of goods are driving the adoption of bulk bags that comply with safety standards. The need for compliance is contributing to market growth as companies prioritize regulatory adherence.
Request For Customization: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb-13034
Key Takeaways from the Bulk Bags Market
- Increasing focus on improving trade will favor bulk bag sales in Europe, enabling the market to rise at a steady 3.4% CAGR between 2020 and 2030
- Negatives sales likely in the U.K. amid COVID-19, however, recovery of the market is expected from 2022 onwards
- 2021 and 2022 to remain uneventful years as Germany and France might continue registering declining sales, demand is expected to increase 2022 onwards
- Despite decelerating sales, Benelux is expected to register a positive growth at a little below 1% in 2021
Who is winning?
Grief, Inc., Berry Global Group, Inc., Intertape Polymer Group, Conitex Sonoco, LC Packaging International BV, Bag Corp, Sackmaker J&HM Dickson Ltd., Emmbi Industries Ltd., RDA Bulk Packaging Ltd. Conrop, s.r.o., MANICARDI srl, Sokuflex Behälter GmbH, Bulk Containers Europe BV, DIV Trades d.o.o., TiszaTextil Plastic Processing and Sales LTD., PLASTCHIM-T AD, Pera Plastic Czech s.r.o., Romtextil SA, EUROFLEX FIBC LIMITED, and BLOCKX GROUP are the prominent players in the Europe bulk bags market. The Tier 3 players in the market hold 70-80% in the Europe bulk bags market. In conclusion, key players contribute almost 20-30% of the Europe demand.
Request Report Methodology: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/request-report-methodology/rep-gb-13034
Bulk Bags Market by Category
- 1&2 loops bags
- Four loop big bag
- Form stable big bag – Q-bag
- Anti-static big bag – Antistatic Bag
- Big bag with valve Cross Corner Bag
- UN Big bag – Food Bag
- Building & Construction
- Chemicals & Fertilizers
- Food Products & Agriculture
Ismail Sutaria (Lead Consultant, Packaging and Materials) has over 8 years of experience in market research and consulting in the packaging & materials industry. Ismail’s strength lies in identifying key challenges faced by the client and offering logical and actionable insights to equip the clients with strategic decision-making power.
Ismail has been an instrumental part of several transformational consulting assignments. His key skills include competitive benchmarking, opportunity assessment, macroeconomic analysis, and business transformation advisory. Ismail is an MBA holder in Marketing and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer, Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: [email protected]
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube